9/18/2013

FAQ Update


Despite the existence of my FAQ I am constantly being asked these three questions, so I think it's time to do some clarification and reiteration of these Greatest Hits questions.



Q: When does the WARM BODIES prequel come out?

A: You mean The New Hunger? It came out months ago, fool! But there's a catch: it's only in ebook form, and only available from Zolabooks.com  That's right, it's NOT ON AMAZON. Or iTunes, or anywhere else. Just Zolabooks.com for reasons having to do with anarchy and raging against the machine and supporting intriguing new platforms with great potential for innovation, and so on. This exclusive arrangement will change at some point, because I myself am a paper purist and eventually there will be a physical edition which will probably spread into digital editions on other platforms, but for now: Zolabooks.com

YES, you can still read it on your Kindle, iPad, even your desktop if you don't own a tablet. You just have to download the epub from Zolabooks.com

Q: When will THE NEW HUNGER come out in paperback?

It's of utmost importance to me that physical copies exist, because I know many of you don't read ebooks, and I actually don't either. I want the book on my shelf, sandwiched between Warm Bodies and Untitled Isaac Marion Zombie Novel. ("Book 3" for short.) But the fate of The New Hunger is intertwined with the fate of Book 3, so I won't know exactly when a paperback of TNH will be published until I know exactly how and when Book 3 will be published. I can promise TNH will be published before Book 3, because it will be essential to understanding Book 3, but that's about all I can promise. So if you're in any hurry, I'd suggest learning to love ebooks and heading on over to Zola

HOWEVER: If you're lucky enough to live somewhere in the British Isles, you can get your hands on a paperback from Vintage UK on October 29th, 2013. I know, it makes no sense, I can't...I can't even try to explain it, so just accept this reality, fill your saloon with petrol, check the air in the tyres, drive to the supermarket and buy the book, throw it in the boot, go home to your flat, get a bag of crisps, and read it in the loo while taking a shite.

Q: When will the WARM BODIES sequel come out?

A: It's really hard to project a completion date for a book like this. If I were writing one of those books with the phrase "A [Character's Name] Novel" on the cover, some kind of episodic franchise thriller with a clearly predetermined path, or even a traditional sequel designed to simply repeat the patterns of the original while expanding them slightly, maybe I could meet a specific deadline. But this is a weird book, expanding on the foundation of Warm Bodies in a lot of brain-straining ways and presenting me with a lot of intellectual, philosophical, and ethical challenges that I've never encountered before. It's a sequel to Warm Bodies in the way that Lord of the Rings was a sequel to The Hobbit, and with that kind of expanding scope, there are a lot of potential pitfalls, so it's hard to fathom a timeline.

But, with that said, my possibly naive hope is to finish it mid to late 2014.



That is all. Enjoy the remainder of your life.

-Isaac







Stumble Upon Toolbar

16 comments:

  1. Wow. I know you said the 3rd book would be big and complicated, but making the comparison between Warm Bodies/Hobbit to 3rd book/Lord of the Rings? That really made it clear. I do not envy you your task, Mr. Marion, but I know the end result will be fantastic. Go, author man. Go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That may be a SLIGHT exaggeration...it's not like I'm stretching it into three volumes and adding a million new POVs, but it's the best example I can think of of a story that began as a simple, compact tale exploring familiar arcs and themes, and then expanded into something much bigger and more ambitious.

      Delete
  2. I gotcha. ;-) Hey, at least this way, every time you think it's too hard, you can remember you don't have to invent multiple languages in order to finish Warm Bodies 3. Quel marth! ("Good luck" in Elvish. Yes, I looked it up. Yes, I'm a nerd.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. You sent me a message on Facebook in response to one I sent you a while ago. I want to let you know that the post office did send my book back. They apparently forgot to scan when it arrived and decided to keep it for three weeks before sending it back... Anyway, it's still in the box and all packaged up. Should I resend it or just hold onto it for now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If that's of any interest to you for info, I bought The New Hunger's Kindle version copy on Amazon.fr (in France) and on the website of amazon.fr they announce the actual traditionally published paper version of the book (that i'm also waiting for because i love "real" books better but couldn't wait for because i was eager to know the story) for october 24th 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It actually IS on itunes...just in a different language

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whats your opinion on the adaptation of the book to the movie, I found the book wayyyyyy better. Can't wait for the sequel keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your blog is very nice i like it if you r want to visit for sale on any place you can visit our site then you will take that you want .

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have amazing style of blinds,curtains,bed sheets,pillows,sofa setting and have great designs of interior designs so we have offered many colours for bed sheets and have sexy and hot blinds and curtains themes.
    blindandcurtains@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have amazing style of blinds,curtains,bed sheets,pillows,sofa setting and have great designs of interior designs so we have offered many colours for bed sheets and have sexy and hot blinds and curtains themes.
    blindandcurtains@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wood is an important indicator rolex masterpiece watches of the age of a piece. Different woods were favored during different periods -- louis vuitton outlet and by different makers. Prior to 1720, walnut, a dark wood, was popular with Europeans and colonists. It was http://www.otxarkoaga.org/spothandbags.aspx used for graceful Queen Anne tables and chairs, and for utilitarian colonial benches and cupboards. Mahogany was hermes outlet the prime choice for mid-18th century formal furniture, such as dining and drawing room pieces. It was also prominent in Chippendale styles. Cherry, a paler red than mahogany but just fendi outlet as strong, was abundant in North America and widely used to build sturdy, durable rolex submariner replica furnishings for rural dwellers. Many antiques, new and old alike, are made from oak. It was the first gucci replica choice for European furniture before 1700, and enjoyed renewed popularity in circa 1900s American furniture replica belts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would like inform you, your posting is very nice and I am impressed by your excellence. Using this opportunity, I would like to say Motor Spares and Car Spares industry has, also, become one the biggest one in the world now a days.
    Warm Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. After analysis of your posting, I can not help leaving it without appreciating it; in fact, your
    Posting is a great treasure for the visitors.
    As you know, now a day nobody likes to waste time standing in the queues in traffic department. So people are always looking for Minute Services or Minute Plates and it’s our business.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Blog is an admirable one as I am a General Practitioner and Doctor, so I go through the postings minutely, and yours one I found a fantastic piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every time when I visit your posting its always fantastic like the present one which increases the horizons of my mind. Now a day Boxes and Gift Boxes, in other words Corrugated packaging has become a necessity for each and every Product to present it decently.
    Thanking You
    Pick A Box

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your posting is a master piece of creativity in the real sense. I prefer it to all others which I have visited until now. According to my point of view, not only among the posh families Curtains & Blinds are considered a symbol of status but in the business world and latest outlets also blinds and curtains are taken as a great factor.

    ReplyDelete